Police Release Corpses of Kasese Massacre

Police Release Corpses of Kasese Massacre

By Serestino Tusingwire

Police has finally allowed families of victims of Kasese violence to identify and take their relatives’ bodies for burial.

Speaking to media in Kasese on Wednesday morning, the Police Spokesperson Andrew Felix Kaweesi said four police pathologists led by Dr. Moses Byaruhanga carried out the postmortem and allowed bodies to be buried.

“Our doctors have done a great job so far. Basing on that, we have allowed relatives of the deceased to take the bodies,” Kaweesi said.


He added that, “The police officers who died in the attack are being transported to their respective homes for burial.”

On Tuesday evening, families of the victims were prevented from accessing relatives’ bodies claiming that the postmortem was not yet finalized.

Kaweesi has however warned people who are planning to retreat to the camps to either surrender or stand to face the consequences.


It’s worth noting that following the attack on the palace on Sunday, over 100 people have since died in the Kasese clashes.

Over 140 were arrested including the Omusinga Charles Wisely Mumbere who was on Tuesday charged with murder at Jinja Magistrates court.