Uganda Quit U-20 Women’s World Cup Qualifiers

Uganda will not go further in the on-going Under-20 World Cup qualifiers RedPepper Online edition can confirm.

Edgar Watson, the Chief Executive Officer of FUFA the local soccer governing body revealed to our sources that financial challenges had forced Uganda to withdraw.

Uganda’s team was slated to face Ghana on December 7 in the first leg of the second round. They had qualified for the next round after humiliating visiting South Sudan 13-0 in the return leg played at the Lugogo Stadium last month to go through on a 22-0 goal aggregate.

However, an inside source said the development had divided the executive, since majority of them were not consulted before the team was withdrawn.

“This is very unfortunate because these are young girls who have a future and now their morale has been dented,” said a top official who did not want to be mentioned.

 

 

1 thought on “Uganda Quit U-20 Women’s World Cup Qualifiers

  1. the future of ugandan football is in our girls team. the mens team needs 20 years to be rebuilt from the grass roots. divert the mens cranes money to the girls cranes team, its a better allocation of funds.

Comments are closed.

Enable Notifications    OK No thanks