The 2014 COPA Coca-Cola® football tournament will reach its climax when regional representatives compete in the National Finals starting April 26th in Gulu at St Joseph’s college Layibi.
The concluding regional finals will take place over the Easter weekend at Buhinga Stadium in Fort Portal Municipality for the Tooro region according to Coca Cola Uganda Promotions boss Kennedy Mutenyo. It combines together schools from Kabarole, Kyegegwa, Kyenjojo, Bundibugyo, Kamwenge, Kasese.
Mbale Progressive SS emerged Champions of the Bugisu Regional Champions after humbling Sironko Progressive SS 2-0 at Mbale Municipal Stadium yesterday Saturday 12th April at a very colourful ceremony, the two finalists were ushered on the to the pitch by Coca-Cola Girls who brought “Brazil 2014” to Mbale in style.
In Wakiso region, Gayaza based St Julian high school ended St Marys Kitende’s ten-year run of regional/district championships as the later defeated Standard high Zzana 8-7 in penalties after a nil all draw in an up-and-down game at St John’s secondary school Wakiso ground. A day earlier, Standard high humbled St Mary’s Kitende in penalties (5-4) in the semi-finals after two sides settling for a barren draw.
Confirmed regional reps
* BUNYORO: Mandela High (Hoima), Butiaba CD (Buliisa) & Kabalega SS
* BUSOGA: Tawheed (Mayuge), Kaliro High, Jinja College Iganga Parents
* MASAKA: Masaka SS, Kabale-Sanje (Rakai) & St Charles Lwanga Kasasa
* BUKEDI: Rock High (Tororo), Asinge (Tororo) & Hillview (Kibuku)
* KIGEZI: Kigezi High School, Kigezi Coll Butobere & Kihihi SS
* ACHOLI: Bishop Negri & St Joseph Layibi (Gulu), Kitgum High & Patongo (Agago)
* WAKISO: St Juliana, Standard High Zana, St Mary’s Kitende & Buddo SS
* KAMPALA: Kibuli SS, Kawempe Muslim, Lubiri SS & UMHS Lubaga