Wasswa Bbosa Salutes Kavumba After Simba Win

Skipper Willy Kavuma as picked out for special praise by coach coach Wasswa Bbosa after Express edged Simba 2-1 in a Uganda Premier League (UPL) match played at Bombo on Tuesday.

Willy Kavuma
Willy Kavuma

Kavuma and John Ssemazi were on target for the Red Eagles against the army side.

The win, fourth in seven matches for the six-time league champions, moved Bbosa’s side one place up to third on 13 points.

Simba, whose consolation came through Alex Witaba, drop one to 11th with seven points.

It was a largely clean affair with only two yellow cards being flashed to Simba’s Isaac Onyango and Hassa Wasswa Dazo of Express.

Simba took the lead on seven minutes through Witaba but Willy Kavuma levelled for Express midway the first period. Ssemazi then made sure of maximum points with 10 minutes to go.

Newcomers Sadolin Paints and Kira Young played out a 1-1 draw on Tuesday but it the tear gas fired at Bugembe Stadium that unfortunately made the headlines.

Martin Mugabi scored netted for Sadolin on 49 minutes before Julius Ntambi leveled matters for the visitors on 56.

The result leaves Sadolin 12th with seven points from as many games while Kira also stay just a place above relegation, a point behind their Tuesday opponents.

But it is the teargas fired by police immediately after the final whistle that rekindled unfortunate events that forced a recent game between SC Villa and Express to be abandoned with 13 minutes to play in Mityana after the latter’s fans pelted stones onto the pitch.

Sadolin goalkeeper Didi Muhammad was seen to be attacking a fan on the final whistle prompting a brawl. Teargas canisters were consequently fired to disperse the crowds.

Bright Stars bounced back from their first defeat in six games to whip relegation candidates Rwenshama 3-1 in match played at KCCA Stadium on Tuesday.

Allan Male and Anthony Bongole scored twice in the last five minutes of the first period before Hassan Kikoyo added the other shortly after recess. Mike Katende grabbed the visitors’ consolation on 78 minutes.

Victory moves Bright Stars one place up to fifth with 12 points while winless Rwenshama are second from bottom with two points.

Having fallen to KCC on Tuesday, coach Paul Kiwanuka’s men were desperate to bury the dent that had stained their decent start to the campaign in which they had not lost a game in six matches.

And they did is so effortlessly at a water-logged KCCA ground after an afternoon downpour, stout Bongole leading the charge.

Ten-man SCVU on Tuesday ended Police’s six-match unbeaten run as the university side beat the Cops 1-0 at Namboole.

Matthew Odong scored the game’s lone goal on 80 minutes, which was also the university side’s only second strike in seven matches.

Victory moved coach Morley Bwekwaso’s side two places up to ninth with as many points while defeat for the Cops saw Angelo Lonyesi’s men drop one to fourth with 12 points.

Kick-off was, however, delayed for 30 minutes as the referee waited for security to be availed, which forced the match to be played for 40 minutes in either half.

But it is SCVU, who asked all the right question once the match kicked off; defender Martin Mpuuga’s header on 13 minutes being cleared off line by Sadat Kyambadde.

Yasser Mugerwa then hit the post with a low drive with goalkeeper Douglas Kisembo out of position.

The game was getting as feisty now as physical now, with Brian Ochwo being booked on 53 minutes for elbowing Yasin Mubiru.

But the hosts soon got a breakthrough, Odong burying Isaac Muleme’s cross with his head past Kisembo in goal.

There was even more time for Ochwo to pick his second booking of the game as the hosts saw out the game a man less.


© supersport.com


Subscribe for notification