- Winner: Ronald Ssebuguzi / Leone Ssenyange
- Runners up: Uganda Cranes (CHAN team)
Sports Journalists body (USPA) has named the rally crew of Ronald Ssebuguzi (driver) and Leone Ssenyange (navigator) the best sports personalities of the month of October after winning the Total UMOSPOC Independence day rally.
During the monthly press meeting held at Imperial Royale hotel, Kampala, the members first had a moment of silence in memory of two fallen sports personalities in Harriet Apako (Netball and handball) and Hajj Juma Nkambwe (Motor sport).
Ssebuguzi tallied 480 votes to overcome the CHAN Uganda Cranes team that finished second with 465 votes.
The crew in their Mitsubishi EvoX (10) sprinted through a wet Busika circuit to set a record finishing time of 11 minutes, 29seconds during the super special stage section
Other recommended Personalities;
– Hima Cement Heathens who won the Uganda rugby cup after edging fierce rivals Kobs 13-10 at Kyadondo rugby grounds.
– Uganda Cranes Chan team Skipper, Farouk Miya who scored two goals in both legs of the CHAN qualifier against Sudan that helped the team progress to the final tournament come next year.
– Athlete, Moses Kipsiro for winning two races in October; the great Scottish run in Glasgow Scotland and the great south run in Portsmouth England.
-Joshua Cheptegei who won the ASICS grand Berlin 10km run.
-Amos Ndyagumanawe won the Nile Special national open Pool tournament.