Gen. Muhoozi vows to settle scores with Late Kaweesi Killers

By Jolly Gwari

Kampala – Lt. Gen Muhoozi Kainerugaba, the presidential advisor on special operations, has on Friday, March 20, pinned an emotion tweet expressing the grief of late Felix Kaweesi.

In a Friday tweet, Gen. Muhoozi, the former commander of the Special Forces Group, an elite unit that guards, Mr. Museveni and other critical installations has revealed his interminable investigation to chastise criminals who murdered Kaweesi.

Gen Mohoozi has taken few minutes to quietly remember Major General Felix Kaweesi who was gunned down near his home in Kulambiro, Nakawa division, on March 17, 2017, as he left his home for work. He was killed together with his bodyguard Kenneth Erau and driver, Geoffrey Mambewa.

“It is 3 years since some criminals took your life, my brother. We shall settle accounts with them no matter how long it takes! UPDF and UPF never forget those who attack us! Rest in Peace, my brother.” He lamented.

Andrew Felix Kaweesi was the Assistant Inspector General of Police Uganda, and policeman. He was the Spokesperson of Uganda Police Force from August 2016 to 2017 when he was killed. He died in the rank of a Major General. Kaweesi joined police during the 2001 police intake and he is the first to die among that intake

He was devoted to those who knew him, and to his family, educated, well-informed, combative, faithful to his comrades, to his class and to his party he was a very interesting man and probably one of the best of his generation of the working class. It was a terrible loss!

Notably, shortly after his murder, over 40 people were arrested; the suspects included civilians, Police and the Uganda People’s Defence Force (UPDF) officers. However, with time many of the 40 suspects were released after Police established that they were not linked to the murder.

A total of 22 suspects were produced in court, although Police failed to convey evidence against them. Therefore 19 of them were released but some re-arrested on fresh charges of terrorism and treason.

However, the Kamwenge Municipality mayor, Godfrey Byamukama, and some 22 suspects were tortured while in detention at the now disbanded Nalufenya detention facility in Jinja. As a result, the court awarded the 22 suspects sh80m in compensation, each, although the government appealed the award.

Subscribe for notification