Kampala – The Ministry of Health has, on Wednesday, May 27, confirmed 28 new COVID-19 cases confirmed bringing the total confirmed cases to 281.
In an official Tweet on Social Media, THe Ministry revealed that the 21 new cases are truck drivers who arrived via Elegu border.
Seven other cases were are contacts to previously confirmed truck drivers and were under institution quarantine at the time of test.
Health Minister Dr. Ruth Aceng also confirmed that 7 foreign drivers who tested Positive of the novel coronavirus were handed over to their respective nations.
Among the 7 foreign truck drivers were 4 Tanzanians, 1 Eritrean, 1 Congolese and 1 Burundian.
- LIFESTYLE, POMP, ENJOYMENT! Bakiga Nation Cultural Event Returns June 3
- President Amin’s Relatives Want Family Impersonator ‘Claiming to be Moses Arrested’
- Bitature-Vantage Saga; You landed Bitature into deep trouble-Court tells Lawyer Muwema,ordered to pay costs
- Joy, Excitement as First Winners Receive MTN’s Momo Nyabo Waaka Toyota Succeed Cars
- First Uganda-DRC Investment Promotion Summit Set For June
- Uganda to host Public Procurement and disposal Business Expo
A total of 2,004 samples were tested for COVID-19 with 1,456 taken from the different border points and 548 others tested in the community rapid testing exercise in selected areas and Quarantines.