KAMPALA — Fourteen more infections of the novel coronavirus have, on Monday, May 25, confirmed in Uganda rising the number of infections to 212.
The Ministry further affirmed that new 14 cases are contacts of the previously confirmed truck drivers.
All confirmed COVID-19 positive contacts were under quarantine at the time of testing.
With 1,739 samples tested on Sunday, 1,084 were taken from Community and contacts and 655 taken from the various border points of Uganda
- We Cannot Pay Mid-Term Access Benefits Right Now – NSSF Boss
- Ex-OPM Accountant Kazinda Sentenced to 40 Years, Ordered to Pay UGX19bn
- Uganda Receives 655,053 AstraZeneca Doses From France, Belgium
- VIDEO: IGP Ochola Trashes Illness Rumours, Makes Public Appearance
- Busanza HC IV receives Ambulance from Health Ministry | Kisoro
The ministry confirmed that 5 positive foreign truck drivers; all Tanzanians, handed over to their country of origin.
This follows a government directive that barred the entry of COVID-19 positive truck-drivers into the nation.