KAMPALA — Fourteen more infections of the novel coronavirus have, on Monday, May 25, confirmed in Uganda rising the number of infections to 212.
The Ministry further affirmed that new 14 cases are contacts of the previously confirmed truck drivers.
All confirmed COVID-19 positive contacts were under quarantine at the time of testing.
With 1,739 samples tested on Sunday, 1,084 were taken from Community and contacts and 655 taken from the various border points of Uganda
- UBL Inject UGX3.7bn to enhance Capacity of bars to adhere to Covid-19 Safety
- VIDEO: Distressed Mother Storms Parliament Over justice for Son
- Fast-rising star hunky Deyce’s music story
- EACOP: Uganda, Tanzania Sign US$3.5bn Oil Pipeline Deal
- MTN Launches Kibanda Xpress to boost Uganda’s Film Industry
The ministry confirmed that 5 positive foreign truck drivers; all Tanzanians, handed over to their country of origin.
This follows a government directive that barred the entry of COVID-19 positive truck-drivers into the nation.