Rubanda – Police in Rubanda is investigating unclear circumstances under which a Local Council I chairperson was accused of severely cutting and injuring his defence secretary
The victim is one Moses Tumusime, the village secretary of defence and a resident of Hamurara cell Nyamiyaga parish Bubare sub-county is alleged to have been cut with a Panga by one Bonane Deusi the area Local Council chairman on Sunday night at around 10 pm
According to some locals who spoke on condition of anonomity the two have for long been having differences for not supporting the same candidates who are standing for the Rubanda county East MP seat .
The hotly contested seat for rubanda east MP is between incumbent Henry Musasizi and Kenneth jogo Biryabarema the Rubanda LC5 boss.
Elly Maate the Kigezi Regional police Spokesman confirmed the incident and revealed that the case was registered by the brother to the victim one David Bakeine.
- KITAGATA FIRE: Leaders Call for quick intervention
- Court to Deliver Ruling in Election Petition Against Gen. Muhwezi on November 1
- We are Ready, Geared-up for Forthcoming By-elections – EC Boss
- SUDAN: Coup imperils hard-won international backing
- Rujumbura Voters Ask Court to Uphold Minister Muhwezi’s Victory as 1st November is set for Ruling
Maate says that the victim was rushed to Kabale referral hospital for medical attention where he is currently admitted as conditions are not bad as the suspect is on the run as Inquiries in the case are underway.