Rubanda – Police in Rubanda is investigating unclear circumstances under which a Local Council I chairperson was accused of severely cutting and injuring his defence secretary
The victim is one Moses Tumusime, the village secretary of defence and a resident of Hamurara cell Nyamiyaga parish Bubare sub-county is alleged to have been cut with a Panga by one Bonane Deusi the area Local Council chairman on Sunday night at around 10 pm
According to some locals who spoke on condition of anonomity the two have for long been having differences for not supporting the same candidates who are standing for the Rubanda county East MP seat .
The hotly contested seat for rubanda east MP is between incumbent Henry Musasizi and Kenneth jogo Biryabarema the Rubanda LC5 boss.
Elly Maate the Kigezi Regional police Spokesman confirmed the incident and revealed that the case was registered by the brother to the victim one David Bakeine.
- PATRIOTIC: How Hon.Anita Among, Capt.Mukula Tactfully Saved NRM From Opposition Wave
- Independent Candidate Eng. Kajojo Secures Kanungu LC5 Seat, Edging Party Primaries Opponent
- LCIII boss Thumps ex-RDC to take Kabale LC5 Seat as Rukiga, Rubanda Get New Chairpersons
- CITY HALL: Lukwago Commands Early Lead as Nabilah trails Behind in Kampala Mayoral Race
- FULL LIST: Museveni Edges Bobi Wine As 529 MPs Secure Parliamentary Seats After General Elections
Maate says that the victim was rushed to Kabale referral hospital for medical attention where he is currently admitted as conditions are not bad as the suspect is on the run as Inquiries in the case are underway.