Jinja – The long-awaited results of the National Resistance Movement (NRM) party primary elections for Jinja City Woman Member of Parliament (MP) was finally declared on Wednesday morning in favour of Annet Musika.
Nearly three weeks after the party primaries held on 4th September, 2020 Musika a former Councilor for Budondo and secretary for Production at Jinja District Local Government was declared by Kigyagi Arimpa John , the Deputy Chairperson NRM Electoral Commission with 11,597 defeating her six rivals.
Musika’s contenders were; Sobya Irene Milika who polled 7,410, Namuyomba Mary 3,885, Mirembe Esther 2,360, Kabanda Loy Lovisa213, Naigaga Leah Tumukunde 8,263 and Nabukalu Nusura Juma with 1,015.
It should be remembered that Musika withdrew from the 2016 NRM primaries citing malpractices where she claimed the electoral officials had been bribed which saw the incumbent Loy katali declared winner.
- US offers to Pay families of Afghans killed in Botched drone attack
- LIGUE 1 | Mbappe Nets Late Minute Penalty, Secures PSG Win over Angers
- UMEME injects USD 4.2 million for rural electrification
- Interview: MTN IPO is a worthwhile investment – Stanbic Uganda CEO
- DETOOTHED By Belle On Bus To Hoima, Mr.Hyena Finds Solace In Bummy Teacher
Musika will face opposition and NRM displeased candidates. Others vying for the position include Mariah Namuwanga and Manjeri Kyebakutika of People Power, Sabrina Lukalu , Racheal Janet Kyemba, Enid Nabukwasi of FDC among others .