Jinja – The long-awaited results of the National Resistance Movement (NRM) party primary elections for Jinja City Woman Member of Parliament (MP) was finally declared on Wednesday morning in favour of Annet Musika.
Nearly three weeks after the party primaries held on 4th September, 2020 Musika a former Councilor for Budondo and secretary for Production at Jinja District Local Government was declared by Kigyagi Arimpa John , the Deputy Chairperson NRM Electoral Commission with 11,597 defeating her six rivals.
Musika’s contenders were; Sobya Irene Milika who polled 7,410, Namuyomba Mary 3,885, Mirembe Esther 2,360, Kabanda Loy Lovisa213, Naigaga Leah Tumukunde 8,263 and Nabukalu Nusura Juma with 1,015.
It should be remembered that Musika withdrew from the 2016 NRM primaries citing malpractices where she claimed the electoral officials had been bribed which saw the incumbent Loy katali declared winner.
- Reject ‘Identity’ Politics! Museveni Urges Bugisu Leaders to Shun Sectarianism, Calls for Unity
- Business Mogul Sudhir Receives Diplomatic Vehicle, Begins Duties as Nepalese Honorary Consul To Uganda
- VIDEO: FDC’s Amuriat Loses 2 in Nebbi Nasty Accident, Suspends Campaigns
- DAVID K MAFABI: Stop Beating Drums of War!
- NABBED: Hammer wielding Man who Attacked Policewoman Arrested
Musika will face opposition and NRM displeased candidates. Others vying for the position include Mariah Namuwanga and Manjeri Kyebakutika of People Power, Sabrina Lukalu , Racheal Janet Kyemba, Enid Nabukwasi of FDC among others .