Kabale – Police in Kabale District detained 17 passengers and a driver aboard motor vehicle registration number UBJ 270L Toyota Hiace (aka Drone), which purported to belong to the vision group/Bukedde.
Ivulabe Richard, the driver and his crew were intercepted at Kabale police checkpoint on Saturday Morning at around 4 am while carrying 17 passengers.
Elly Maate, the Kigezi Region Police spokesperson, said the vehicle was carrying 7 male Congolese, 3 female Congolese, 2 male Ugandans and 5 young Congolese taking them to Kisoro.
Maate says the whole crew was arrested after non of them produced a moving relevant document supporting their movement and took advantage using a vehicle disguising to be transporting newspapers which always moves at night.
After thoroughly interviewing the driver and conductor, it was established that these people were impersonating to be company workers of vision group and hence a private vehicle disguising doing company activities.
However, they claimed that the company at times once in a while hire them to do company activities something Maate says police want to establish from company officials.
- UPDF intensifies campaign on ‘Voluntary Surrender’ of small arms, light weapons in Kotido District
- 2nd IGAD Water Forum Held in Uganda Discusses Groundwater Development and Management
- Locals urged to use electricity to Grow, Foster business
- Minister Betty Amongi in Saudi Arabia over Ugandan Workers’ Rights
- Missing Adjumani attack victim found dead
He adds that both the driver and the passengers have been charged with flouting presidential directive and illegal stay in Uganda in addition to impersonation under reference number SD 25/10/07/2021and the vehicle parked at Kabale Cps.