Nakasero – President Museveni has appointed Makerere University lecturer, Dr Ramathan Ggoobi as the permanent secretary Ministry of Finance, replacing Keith Muhakanizi who has been moved to the Office of the Prime Minister.
In the new reshuffle announced Thursday evening, the senior presidential secretary, Lindah Nabusayi, confirmed the changes.
Nabusayi revealed that Museveni appointed Beti Olive Namisango Kamya as the new Inspector General of Government replacing Justice Irene Mulyagonja who resigned from the post.
Ms Lucy Nakyobe Mbonye has been appointed as the Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet while Ms Jane Barekye has replaced her as the State House Comptroller.
Diana Atwine has been retained at the Ministry of Health a move many critics have called a second chance at service to the nation Uganda.
In a major comeback, former NSSF Deputy Managing Director, Geraldine Ssali Busuulwa, has been appointed the Permanent Secretary to the Ministry of trade, industry and cooperatives, Uganda. She served at the Fund from 20 March 2011, until 29 October 2017.
Ssali replaces Ms. Grace Adong Choda who has been serving in an acting capacity as PS under Amelia Kyambadde’s tenure at the Trade ministry.
By virtue of the Powers given to the President by Article 174 (2) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, I hereby, appoint the following as Permanent Secretaries as indicated below:
1. Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet- Lucy Nakyobe
2. Deputy Head of Public Service And Secretary to Cabinet- Deborah Katuramu
3. State House Comptroller – Jane Barekye
4. Principal Private Secretary to the President – Dr. Kenneth Omona
5. Principal Private Secretary to H.E. the Vice President – Alex Kakooza
6. Office of the Prime Minister – Keith Muhakanizi
7. Office of the President – Yunus Kakande
8. Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries- (Maj. Gen.) David Kyomukama Kasura
9. Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs – Rosette Byengoma
10. Ministry of Education and Sports – Kate Lamaro
11. Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development – Batebe Irene
12. Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Vincent Bagiire
13. Ministry of Finance, Planning And Economic Development – Dr. Ramathan Ngobi
14. Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development- Aggrey Kibenge
15. Ministry of Health – Dr. Diana Atwiine
16. Ministry of Internal Affairs – Joseph Musanyufu (Lt. Gen)
17. Ministry of Information, Communication, Technology National Guidance – Dr. Amina Zawedde
18. Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs – Robert Kasande
19. Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development – Dorcas Okalany
20. Ministry of Local Government – Benjamin Kumumanya
21 Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives – Geraldine Ssali
22. Ministry of Public Service – Catherine Bitarakwaate
23. Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities – Doreen Katusiime
24. Ministry of Water and Environment – Alfred Okidi
25. Ministry of Works and Transport – Bageya Waiswa
26. Secretary to the Judiciary – Pius Bigirimana
27. Health Service Commission – Mary T. Wenene
28. Public Service Commission – Dr. Godfrey Mbabazi
29. Judicial Service Commission – Dr. Nassali Lukwago
30. Ministry of Science, Technology And innovation – Abolished and retired
31. Ministry of East African Community Affairs – Edith Mwanje
32. Ethics and Integrity – Alex O. Okello
33. Clerk to Parliament – Hon. Adolf Mwesige
34 Inspectorate of Government – Kafeero Rose
35 Education Service Commission – Dr. Asuman Lukwago
Yoweri K. Museveni
P R E S I D E N T
15th July, 2021