Tension As Mumbere Subjects Plan Fresh Attacks

Fear and tension has erupted in both security circles and Rwenzori region residents following an alert that Rwenzururu kingdom youths are planning another fresh attack on Police Stations to acquire guns for a rebellion against the government.

The coordinated attacks which took place on July 5th in the districts of Ntoroko, Kasese and Bundibugyo left 90 people dead.
The coordinated attacks which took place on July 5th in the districts of Ntoroko, Kasese and Bundibugyo left 90 people dead.

According to a security dossier obtained by Red Pepper, a group of Rwenzururu youths identified as Esyamango are reported to be training combatants with plans to carry out fresh attacks in the districts of Kasese, Bundibugyo and Ntoroko.

According to the dossier, the rebellion is aimed at creating Yiira Republic that will cover three quarters of Rwenzori sub region and parts of North Kivu province in Democratic Republic of Congo where king Charles Wesley Mumbere is reported to be engineering the plans.

It is reported that in Kicwamba sub county, Kasese district there is a Mai Mai native doctor from DR Congo who has been ushered into the area by residents.

He has only been identified as Ziloni he is  moving door to door recruiting youths loyal to Rwenzururu kingdom.

The native doctor cuts the recruits and inserts herbs in their body as a way of protecting them from bullets during the rebellion.

Red Pepper understands that recruits pay Shs 15,000 to Ziloni as facilitation for his movements and instructs recruits not to put on shoes on every Monday and must eat meat every Thursday.

According to the security dossier, Ziloni was quoted saying that they have mobilized enough manpower and they have already acquired guns adding that they are planning to attack weak Police Posts of Kicwamba, Kyabarungira and others with in the sub region.

It is also reported that at Maramba forest located at about 15km from Mpondwe border post, there is already a group of people suspected to be Esyamango recruits.

They are seen dressed in uniforms similar to those of the Rwenzururu kingdom royal guards.

Security in the area has also obtained information that at Kyebirima village, Kasaka parish in Mutwanga sector there is also a new force called NRDC(National Revolution for Development of Congo )which has been formed by the Bandandi tribe in Congo to fight together with Yiira United Rapid Force to create Yiira Republic.

The force which has over 200 trained commandos is being led by Benjamin Katembo working with the elusive Mai Mai and ADF to cause a rebellion in the western Uganda.

However, Rwenzururu Kingdom leader Charles Mumbere while appearing to his subjects at radio station in Kasese last week, he stated that those planning another massacre in the region have made uniforms resembling those of his guards.

He said that this is intended to blame the Rwenzururu kingdom for the attacks.

Mumbere named those planning the attacks as; Erisania Isingoma, Saturday Josua, Moses Karemba, Alfonse Kiiza, and pointed out others like Godrey Kabyanga and his brother Kibanzanga are going to Bundibugyo in the guise of reconciliation but with hidden agenda.

He also revealed that the targeted areas are; Rugendabara, Biganda, Hima in Kasese and Rwimi in Kabalole.

The security brief indicates that during one of the secret meetings held in the kingdom offices, one of the recent attacks commando Vicent Kapirongo exonerated those accused by the king.

He also said that those who want to undermine the kingdom are NRM cadres that include; Israel Masereka, Masitaki, Matovu and retired Lt Col Mawa Muhindo Dura the LC5 boss Kasese district whom he accused of holding a meeting at Spring Hotel in Kasese on how to destabilize the kingdom.

Intelligence also has it that the Omusinga is also reported to have held closed door meetings with his royalists.

Intelligence reveals that top on the agenda was on how to create Yiira Republic and that some ministers in his kingdom including; Nzaghale Noah , Kapirongo Vicent , Mberemu and Balikulungi are planning to make 50 pairs of uniforms designed like those of Kingdom guards.

The recruits at training bases in Congo have been briefed to carry out the attacks between April and June 2015.

The incident follows last year’s attack where Omusinga Mumbere’s subjects attacked Police and military bases where they grabbed guns, killed security officers and over 100 people lost their lives.

Fred Enanga the Police Spokesperson when contacted said that Mumbere’s remarks were diversionary and that they could not be relied on by the security.

Enanga said that all activities carried out in Rwenzori region are being closely monitored and they are in contact with border liaison officers to find out the activities taking place in Congo.