President Museveni who is the National Resistance Movement (NRM) presidential candidate has suspended campaigns and travelled to Saudi Arabia for a two day state visit.
President’s press secretary Linda Nabusayi said that in Saudi Arabia, Museveni was received at the king’s palace by His Majesty King Salman bin Abdel Aziz Al Saud.
“After the official ceremonies at the Al Yammamah Palace where H.E the President was received by His Majesty King Salman bin Abdel Aziz Al Saud, the two leaders held tete – a – tete talks and later bilateral talks attended among others by Uganda’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Hon Sam Kutesa, That of General Duties, Hon Tarsis Kabwegyere, Amb. Rashid Ssemuddu, Energy PS Kabagambe Kalisa, PS Gender, Pius Bigirimana, Mr. Lawrence Kiiza and Amb. Ahmed Ssenyomo,” Nabusayi said.
This is the third time that Museveni is suspending campaigns.
On Thursday last week, he was in Kigali for Northern Corridor Infrastructure Project meeting where he met president of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta and president of Rwanda Paul Kagame.
In Kigali, he also officially opened Shs8bn Uganda High Commission Chancery building.
Earlier, he traveled to South Africa to attend the forum on China- Africa cooperation.