FDC Calls Off Muntu’s Visit to Kasese
The opposition Forum for Democratic Change-FDC has postponed the proposed visit of the party president General Mugisha Muntu to Kasese district.
Muntu was scheduled to visit Kasese district yesterday morning for a two day’s tour.
He was expected to address public rallies in Kasese town, Mpondwe-Lubiriha Town Council, Kabatunda Trading center in Kyabarungira sub-county and attend a leadership meeting aimed at mobilizing grass root support.
On Wednesday, Saulo Maate, the Kasese District FDC chairperson held a press conference saying the RDC Major James Mwesigye had plans to block the visit.
As a result, Maate announced their plans to boycott President Yoweri Museveni’s visit to the area. He however, vowed to go on with preparations for Muntu’s visit and rallies.
This morning, Flavia Masika, the Kasese FDC general secretary issued announcements saying the tour has been called off.
Masika says they received communication from the FDC headquarters in Najjanankumbi indicating that General Muntu has got other commitments.
He downplayed claims that Muntu’s visit was called off as a result of the reported threats by the RDC to block it. Apollo Sunday, an aide to General Muntu says his boss is involved in several meetings at the national level.
Maj. James Mwesigye, the Kasese RDC denies claims that he had plans to block the tour provided police had been notified.
Maj. Mwesigye also denies claims that, he blocked proprietors of several places from hiring their venues to FDC. Mwesigye says he has decided to organize a meeting with the FDC leadership, opposing leaning MPs, DPC Bob Kagarura and NRM officials to iron out their differences.
1 thought on “FDC Calls Off Muntu’s Visit to Kasese”
It seems multiparty politics is not understood by even those who are supposed to promote it
Comments are closed.